Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

Kawau Island Was AWESOME

WALT: summarise a week long experience into a recount.
This year the year 6 students went on a journey to a beautiful island called kawau island. We were informed that we were going to stay on the island for 4 days. I was sad and excited at the same time, missing my family made me sad and going on camp made me happy. Us lucky students had fun playing games like volleyball,cricket and softball I did not want this moment to end.  
Image result for kawau island
When we reached sandspit everybody was really happy that we had arrived on time. As time passed we stopped for lunch, and later on we packed our bags onto the boat. After sometime we got the opportunity to spend time with our friends and relax near the water.  It was still very exciting.


As the year 6 students pulled up at Kawau Island on the ferry,’’we all sang our school haka’’. Emmanuel started off with the first part and then we all sang the song. Our voices were strong that haka got louder, and louder.When the haka ended everybody had sore voices.   As we got closer and closer, everybody was really excited that we had finally got to Kawau Island.


When we got off the boat we had to unload the bags.After that we went for a hike around the island.It was tiring,but cool at the same time. We went to a beach and when we got there we were playing bullrush. It was delightful.  We were playing with Mr Jacobson. Then we had to go back to camp. We all had to walk back up the hills again’’, it was like my legs were going to break’’. We got to camp and we met Peter and Erin they were so nice.We had to pack our bags in our cabins.


My favourite activity was the confident course and kayaking to stingray bay. The thing that I liked about going to kawau Island was finding out about different animals that lived on the Island.I wish that I lived on Kawau Island because Kawau Island is cool and interesting.I had so much fun at Kawau Island, but the thing I loved about going to the Island was having fun with my friends.

Task Description

I have learnt how to write  a perfect recount.The story was about the year six students going to camp.It was amazing and fun.I have also learnt about all the different animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment